Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Forgetta Boutit...

This little cheeseball cracks us up...
what a hambone!



Daily meals are always fun at our house. H-Man is a really terrific eater for starters... so meals aren't too terribly stressful. Unlike me, lil' H likes a lot of variety (I could eat the same thing everyday and not care) if you put something new on his plate it's usually the very first thing he tackles. Just about the only thing I've found that he won't eat is pineapple (and honestly, who can blame him)... he also doesn't seem too interested in meat with the exception of an occasional hot dog or slab of Bologna - which I'm not quite sure either even truly qualify as meat. But, Let's just not even go there... Ick. I often times feel sorta stalemated on what to offer up to keep things lively - so if you've got any fun, interesting or different ideas for kids meals I'd sure love to hear 'em.

H-Man loves PBJ sandwiches... as long as they're open face... most of the time he simply eats all the PB&J and leaves the bread. Which is what he's doing here and since I'm in the background spouting "Eat. The. Bread." he's finding the situation completely hysterical and wildly amusing himself with such said antics.

Ooohhh.... Mister Funny Man.

1 comment:

Holly Crosley said...

Mix the PB&J together in a little bowl and serve with crackers. I like the stick kind where you can double dip - everyone with their own bowl, obviously! That gets the starch in there without so much stress. Lauren liked Vienna sausage - the smell of them made me want to hurl. I don't think they are quite a meat either.

Naked noodles are big in our family. We don't eat spaghetti though, only fun shapes with butter and parmesan or even regular shredded cheese.

Quesadillas are big in this house too. We always have tortillas and cheese on hand.

Lauren used to like sunny side up eggs when she was H-man's age. I know, huh? YUCK! But, those are the only eggs that look like the ones they make on TV! She likes them fried now. Much better!

We aren't too adventurous in this household...sorry I couldn't be more help. Jon & Kate Plus 8 actually has some pretty decent ideas for kids who actually will eat anything in front of them (not mine). Pita with hummus, soups, etc.

Good luck!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails