Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Dreaming of Salame...

This isn't any kind of a Newsflash. It can't even be considered a Media Bomb. But here's the scoop... My folks Rock. Sure they're awesome for all the usual reasons Parents are so Bitchin'... but this is for something really above and beyond the normal parental boundaries.

You see, My beloved P absolutely loves Gallo Salami... but alas, you cannot buy it in the state of Pennsylvania - it just simply isn't available. They've got about a gazillion other types and brands of hard salami... and believe me, he's just about tried them all - but in the end, they're quite frankly Not the Same. (Big Sigh) Needless to say My Man has been bummed about that for ages... basically the entire time we've lived here.

So recently, one night while visiting on the phone with Mom I mentioned poor P's dilemma... and wouldn'tcha know it... a week later, what do you suppose arrived by post addressed to Master P?!?

A huge care package Chock FULL of Hard Gallo Salame.


The P.... He's quite simply Over the Moon!
Thanks a bunch Mom & Dad... You guys are Aces!!

Of course this is a bit of a No Brainer... as I think my folks love The P more than they do me. I mean, Suuure they Love Me... but they Adore and Worship my beloved P. But really, who can blame them. He's totally stellar, awesome and completely worship worthy :) Which would also help to explain why every 5 or 6 months I'm spending 200 Bucks... Auy-Yup, that's NOT a type-O.... on Jerky. Because, as it turns out, Not all Jerkys are created equal either. Not only will nothing compare to Cattaneo Bros. Beef Jerky (they're out of SLO, CA - where The P spent his youth) but nothing can apparently live up to what IS it's Divine Taste either. I merely have to take his word for it - because I wouldn't know. There's No Way I would eat any of this stuff... Ick. And don't get me wrong... I'm totally not complaining... afterall it's not as bad nor as expensive as a Crack Addiction. It's just one of those funny little things in Life that makes me smile and gives me something Extra to tease him about.

Plus, in all honesty....
I can completely relate to the love of something not available to you...
for me it's easy!! I could just about kill for an American Dream Pizza (Corvallis, OR). Oh Yes, I'll gladly take an Edward Abbey + Olives on Honey Wheat... Pretty Please. Unfortunately I'm pretty sure they don't ship their pizza pies :(

See... Even The President Loves their Pies... They really are off the charts Awesome! And their homemade Cookies are the stuff Dreams are made of.... MMmmmmm, I think I'm drooling a little.

1 comment:

amac said...

Yep, you're definitely pregnant. A whole post about food cravings... you and P. I haven't had Cattaneo brother's Jerky in years. In fact, I had forgotten about it completely. Good to know P still remembers his roots. Now, what I would kill for is a Tri Tip sandwich at Farmers Market in SLO. MMMMMMMm...

Related Posts with Thumbnails