Friday, April 29, 2011

Belated 5th Birthday...

So I'm not completely sure how this happened??!
But our darling little H-Man turned 5 back in February.
(and I'm only 2 1/2 months late in sharing the photos)

I think the year of transition from 4 to 5 was really huge for our little guy. We saw him change more substantially during this past year than we ever would have expected. He over came so many big hurdles... like difficulties with transition and his fear/anxiousness around strangers. Of course, that's not to say there aren't a few hiccups in the road once in a while, but the difference overall is astounding. Who would have ever dreamed that our very shy, sweet lil' guy with the year long speech delay would blossom into such chattering social butterfly. We are so very proud of him... now if we could only conquer all the Whining!!?? Someone please tell me they out grow this sooooooon...

Matchy Matchy.
Sometime back around Christmas... Henry decided that it was a really big deal for him and Flynner to (in his words) "be on the same team". So now on occasion we buy them matching shirts or otherwise dress them in similar colors... ??? I'm not sure how or why this started, but on the days they are paired up to "match" it simply puts H over the moon :) He's always super excited about it and his joy is absolutely infectious.

Ahem... I'm such a great Mom, aren't I??
Notice how I ran out of Birthday gift wrap...
and (not so slyly) used some we had left over from Christmas??
Classy, right?!
Of course... none of us cared...
but I'm fairly certain that such I won't get away with such
complete and total lameness in the future.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails