Saturday, August 20, 2011

First Day of K...

I felt rather nauseous after attending the parents open house at H's elementary school. An hour and a half of too much talking about nothing in particular, while supplying little to no real information left my head spinning and longing for a good stiff drink. I mean seriously... we are talking about Kindergarten right?? I feel fairly certain that none of the choices, mistakes and tomfoolery that are sure to be made this year are going to cause catastrophic damage for any future collegiate ambitions we might harbor for our dearest Henry. Least ways... let's hope not. Good Grief.

I had suspected that the first day would be riddled with bumps and bruises... both physically and emotionally. But to my surprise, the morning went off without a hitch even though we got up at 6:15... a dynamic feat all of its own, considering that no one at our house is usually awake before 7:30. And H, who at times, can take upwards of an hour to eat was ready to go by, miracle of miracles, 7 am!?! Talk about shocking! Leaving plenty of time for H and I to leisurely walk to school - which was loads of fun :)

Of course some of the ease can be attributed to the fact that dad was home... which meant that Flynn and Gareth stayed in bed while Henry got ready (pure bliss). So I wasn't being pulled in six different directions at once. The real challenge will arrive on Monday when I have to do the whole routine all by myself will all three boys. I foresee a whole lot of screaming (from Flynn), whining (from Henry) and crying (from Gareth) in my future. Ahhh... good times my friends, good times.

H-Man was so supa excited about his first day ;P


1 comment:

G-Ma & Grandpa said...

We are so proud of our little H man!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails