Gotta totally loooove Santa's handlebar stache... right?! hahaha.Henry only asked Santa for ONE thing this year : A Leapster LeapPad.
Yeah... Santa looked at those when they came out a month or so ago [back when they were readily available and in stock at every major retailer] and figured... nah, it's not much different from his Leapster Explorer (a learning related game/toy that he got from Santa last year and loves). What's the big deal? (!Lame Parent Alert!)
Mmmm, yeah. About that.
Hmmph.
Fast forward a month and Uuugh! Sold out everywhere and absolutely nowhere to be found... hence the reason why I found myself standing in line at 6am with 100 other Slacker Santas this morning. If H's list had 2 or 3 more items on it I wouldn't have bothered. But since I had been up for hours (with Gareth the marathon cryer) anyways... I figured what the Hell. Kill two birds with one stone... get out of the house and away from the nonstop crying while attempting to relieve some of my guilt of not coming through with the one and only gift my dear sweet kiddo had asked for.
After a mere 35 minutes in line I was at the register with credit card grasped firmly in hand... Whew! Crisis averted... hahaha :) and on the brighter side of things, at least I had only just arrived at 6 am and hadn't been out there for HOURS with all the other yokels. Seriously, some of these people had been in line since 1 am ??!!
Okay, so THAT guilt ridden and dedicated I am NOT.




No comments:
Post a Comment