Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Beee Aware...

I truly love the internet and what it has to offer. While I confess that it's difficult not to get swept up in the endlessness of The Net...it's awesome and inspiring really, everything in some magical way is linked. Generally I just jump into a site and clickty, click from link to link - you end up in the darnedest places, with no idea how you ever arrived. And yeah, I drive like that too...the road signs will getcha there - maps? We don't need no stinking maps. Of course by beloved P would disagree. So what's all this about...gimme a minute I'm getting there...honestly. Recently I was cruising the net looking for a recipe and before I could get my clicking controlled I somehow ended up at this very interesting Honey Bee site: . Who knows how I got there? Some of the recipes have honey in them?? Dunno, but it was cool and informative. My little web expedition unearthed things like - Did you know that Bees are responsible for 40% of Haagen-Dazs' flavors currently sold in the market? Wow! Then today my new arrived and there's a spread in there about vanishing honey bee populations with wonderful proactive things you can right at home to help. Now that honestly is a Good Thing. Here's the site which contains more info & trivia and helps launch their new Vanilla Honey Bee ice cream - buy a pint & help keep the hives alive.

The recipe that led to all this knowledge - Peanut Butter Balls - I've tried about 30 recipes now & none of them measure up to the ones I used to get in my high school cafeteria. If you've got a tasty one for me to try send'er on over...if I agree I'll send you something cool too.


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails