Monday, August 18, 2008

Keepin' It Real...

Real Complicated that is...

Potty Training... It's not for the ill equipped. My Boy is 2.5 and I'm starting to think it's time to buckle on the ol' PT gear and get serious. Which basically boils down to - Me getting off my lazy ol' ass and doing it. What can I say. I'm scared And Lazy, not such a rockin' hot combo. Scared that I haven't the first inkling on what to do or how to go about doing it And lazy cuz I don't want to be - d-r-a-g-g-i-n-g - Man Child to the loo every 30 minutes. All. Day. Long.
Which sounds like a totally Fabulous way to spend the day. Afterall, my days are so completely wide open with nothing else whatsoever going on - at all. Really. I've got so much spare time on my hands that quite frankly - I'm bored. Right out of my skull.

The Good news is that like all things in life there are Two definitive Camps on the issue.

Potty Brigades:
A - You can't force them. They'll go when they're ready and not one moment before. Let it come to them naturally.
For heavens sake, don't rush them.
AND
B - Hey LayZee Ass... if they can walk they can be potty trained.
You must Like changing dirty diapers!
BTW - You're the worst Mom on the planet.

I like Potty Brigade A. They help make me feel like less of loser. Like me, they're all about the love. That's nice and I appreciate the support. However... I'm sort of tired of waiting for Mr. Dinkass to get his rear into gear... so to speak. And think I may need to help step up the process a wee bit.

I already bought a potty for H Man - the only problem is that it's flat across the seat... so Boy child sits on it in any ol' direction and usually just slides his rump off one side or the other. So I figure I might want a seat with only ONE possible sitting position since I'd like him to stay put and keep piddle puddles on the floor to a minimum. I've been looking. And looking. And looking.

Talk about major frustration. Look at just a sampling of all the ridiculous choices there are...
Hmmm... this one seems like a good idea at first.
Keeps 'em engaged & On the Pot.
But somehow just seems so wrong.

WTF... Who are you kidding.
Oh lookie! A kiddie Urinal how adorable.
Just plain gross on so many levels.


Hands Down my favorite! Totally love it... How could you not.
Absolutely reminds me of the potty chair I had as a kid.
Unfortunately I just haven't had enough hits at the ol' crack pipe
to wanna be laying down 65 Bucks for a chair
that my child will defecate in.
Uh, Yeah, As in SIXTY FIVE DOLLARS.

Seriously.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Much to my chagrin - Lauren was one who refused to let me push her toward potty training. I was a good mom and started putting a potty chair in the bathroom at age 18 months to get her used to "seeing" it. Yeah, well I threw the brand new never used offense away after a year and a half because I didn't want to be washing big girl anything from a small bowl. I figured at age 3 she could use the big potty like the rest of us! She missed moving up in Sunday School with her friends because they were all trained. She said "I make new friends" and sure enough she did! I am happy to say at age 10 she is now completely potty trained - no accidents at all! :-) No really, I put her in sweatpants at age 3.3 and it was over for her - not one accident even at night. I mean really who wants to pee down your own leg or worse! Thankfully she didn't, but I was nervous for a long time! I don't know how this helps you, but you will figure it out. We all do - it just takes some waaaaayyyy longer than others! Happy pottying! Love, Holly

Tokenhippygirl said...

Bah ha ha ha! I'm not laughing at your quandary, nooooo... I'm laughing at your thoughts on it. You crack me up. I'm with you, choice three is the best, by far, though that whole urinal thing... what the hell were they thinking anyway??!!??... might be entertaining for oh, I don't know, a minute maybe. Geez... what's a young lad to do. Can't find a potty worth a damn to pee in. Sad, that's what it is.

Anonymous said...

Well.. I'm definitely over that stage (mine are 15 and 11) but I do remember that the most important part of potty training for me was BRIBARY!! Whatever works, my son loved to brush his teeth so it became his reward, my daughter.. she was smarter.. she wanted chocolate! Stickers are a great reward too. Also.. a few cheerio's in the bowl to "shoot" make it a fun game! Make sure you that you use the little "shield" that comes with it.. boys are messy, and get distracted easily!! Wow.. way too much info for my second post!

Related Posts with Thumbnails