Thursday, August 7, 2008

Thursday Thirteen # 4... My Dream Kitchen


They say when you're house hunting that you'll just "know" when you walk in. Well, our current house was definitely Just like that. We walked in the front door and... wow. We were pretty speechless. You had me at Hello... Totally sums up our initial reaction. Then we rounded the corner and met this Monstrosity. One kitchen that could literally house the past 5 kitchens we'd had... all in one space. I was sort of horrified. I thought it was completely too much Kitchen. Sure it was Gorgeous... but insanely huge.
"This isn't a kitchen, it's a landing strip. It's a parking garage. We don't Need a kitchen like this" I kept saying...
And despite the kitchen we loved the house.


Fast forward ten months and I'm sunk. I don't see how I'll ever go back to small kitchen again! It's so totally awesome to have so much space and for it to be so completely open to the rest of the house. This kitchen, our kitchen is absolutely the heart of the house which is so cool because we've never had that before. This is where we spend about 85% of our time. It's separated into two different work stations: one for cooking [1st photo] and one for baking [2nd photo]. The P Loves to cook and I Love to bake - it's like it was built especially for us.

Thirteen things I adore about my Kitchen...

1) The Island. I bake here, I blog here, I pretty much live here.
2) The Sub Zero Fridge... I never knew you could *Love* your fridge.
3) I have 3 dishwasher drawers... we never run out of silverware.
4) My baking station... there is literally a place for everything.
5) Freezer drawers Rock!
6) We don't have a pantry because there's plenty of storage. So there's no fear of a canned food avalanche.
7) It's never as tidy as these photos - because we USE it. Everyday.
8) The halogen light fixtures.
9) Spice cupboards... so handy!
10) Martha would be soooo very jealous!
11) The cupboards and hardware are wonderfully easy to clean.
12) The skylight.
13) The Island... we eat every meal here, as a family. And did I mention it's on wheels?

To view other Thursday Thirteener participants follow me.

11 comments:

Mitchypoo said...

What a beautiful kitchen! Truly, Martha would be jealous! Great TT! Please come visit if you can!

Debbie@Like a Rose said...

Awesome kitchen - and I say that with authority since I'm a kitchen designer.

Yes, you can love your frig, especially if it's a Sub-Zero!

Michelle said...

Beautiful kitchen. I'm jealous. Great TT! Thanks for stopping by my place.

Lilibeth said...

Wow. And I thought my kitchen was huge. That one is amazing.

pussreboots said...

I can't imagine having a kitchen that large. That's as large as my entire living room / kitchen / eating area. Happy TT.

Carissa(GoodnCrazy) said...

Will be leaving my own large kitchen for likely a small one. Sigh.

But it was good while it lasted, eh?

amac said...

You could host the cookie of all cookie parties in December. I'm jealous. I miss my kitchen in Dublin

SandyCarlson said...

That kitchen has Family written all over it!

Janet said...

so.incredibly.jealous!!!

Dianne - Bunny Trails said...

Get out! This is seriously your kitchen?!?!? Man, am I ever jealous! That is AMAZING! No wonder you love it so. I am happy for you, in a very wish-I-had-one-too sort of way.

Thanks for sharing! It's awesome! :D

Anonymous said...

Beautiful...when we moved into our current home whe had to redo the outdated kitchen...even though it's not as large and I would dream, I find organizing a smaller kitchen is so much easier...I still have empty cabinets and am forever rearranging...poor family never knows where stuff might be...lol.

Related Posts with Thumbnails