So... what did you do over the weekend?? We went to the fair.
The sacrifices we make for our children, I tell you what. To say that I - Yes, I went to the fair is REALLY saying something... because I detest fairs. Actually 'detest' just isn't a strong enough word in all honesty. The noise, the crowds, the smoke, the health code violating food stands, the pungent smell of B.O. wafting through the air, the Carnies, the Rednecks, the wife-beater T's.... oh, I could just go on and on. But don't worry... I'm stopping myself now. Before all the sensory memories come flooding back causing the nausea to make me shudder, gag and cough.
If any of those observations offend you... Well. That's just too damn bad. Fairs completely and totally Creep me out. There's always a nasty carnival running in conjunction and most of the folks milling about are chain smoking, mullet wearing side show exhibits that seem to be missing 85% of their teeth. Ahhh.... It's a lovely site to behold.
Anyhow, we went so that H-man could check out all the animals... and as predicted he absolutely Loved it. We got to see Horses, Goats, Pigs, Chickens, Roosters, Bunnies, Ginormous Rabbits (these guys were Bigger than our dogs!!), Sheep, Ducks, Cows, Turkeys, Guinea Pigs and lots and lots of ill groomed, toothless, inbred People too.
Hen's favorite parts:
1) The Horses - he really thought the horses were all kinds of cool.
2) Watching the Cows getting milked - both by hand and by machine.
3) The Children's Zoo - petting the Ducks totally Rocked!!
Over all we had a really a good time and enjoyed lots of commentary about 'Poop' from the H-man. This was probably one the biggest fairs we've ever seen. They had 10 out buildings full of just cows and horses, and there must have been over 400 different chickens and roosters in the poultry division. I've never seen so many different kinds of chickens! Some were itty bitty but Lots of them were Enormous. (Again, bigger than the dogs!)
I would have liked to have gotten a few photos - but I didn't. Simply put - I was too nervous. I hate to admit it -- but I'm a little 'Chicken' when it comes to Chickens. HaHaHaHa. And to say that I basically Ran through the poultry barn could be considered a bit of an understatement. Chickens frighten me... Seriously! Especially the Roosters. Afterall, Nobody likes a scary looking Cock. (sorry, I can't help myself)
But not Ducks... Ducks are sweet.
I'm Not afraid of the Ducks,
and neither was the Henmeister :)




2 comments:
Lol...you seriously need to pick up the Junie B. Jones book "Junie B. Jones has a peep in her pocket". Junie B. (can't forget the "B") Jones is a series of kids books for kindergarteners and first graders that is absolutely hilarious. That particular book talks about fear of roosters.
http://www.randomhouse.com/kids/junieb/books/books.html
Hilarious!!
Post a Comment