Welp... The P got back from SC late last night... long after the boys were in beddy-bye. So tonight was his first official night back with the family. We love him... we miss him. But holy mother of pearl. The first few nights after he gets back are a complete disaster!! It throws a monkey wrench into our whole routine. Since H quit taking a nap, I like to have his little hiney in bed no later than 7:30. That means we've been to the potty, have brushed our teeth and are in the rocker reading by 7 pm.
Yeah... let's just say... Patrick is really bad about adhering to this philosophy. Especially after he's been away. That's not to say I don't get it. I do. I understand. He misses the boys. The boys miss him. But geesh... now that he's gone every other week it's a mess. H wasn't in bed till NINE THIRTY tonight... Ugh!! Which simply will not do. Honestly, I can't take all the drama it creates.
Here's hoping tomorrow is calmer, and things can get slightly back on track. After all, H-man can be really, really grouchy if he doesn't enough beauty rest. As in, I'd rather serve breakfast to a Grizzly Bear than an Ornery Henry ;)
Yeah... let's just say... Patrick is really bad about adhering to this philosophy. Especially after he's been away. That's not to say I don't get it. I do. I understand. He misses the boys. The boys miss him. But geesh... now that he's gone every other week it's a mess. H wasn't in bed till NINE THIRTY tonight... Ugh!! Which simply will not do. Honestly, I can't take all the drama it creates.
Here's hoping tomorrow is calmer, and things can get slightly back on track. After all, H-man can be really, really grouchy if he doesn't enough beauty rest. As in, I'd rather serve breakfast to a Grizzly Bear than an Ornery Henry ;)
here's another shot from April 2008




1 comment:
No kidding. And, it's not like he will sleep in the next morning after going to bed late. It just makes for an unhappy child the next day which blows the whole thing off. Michael has been working late as well and the kids soooo miss him, rarely eat dinner with him, sometimes he's home for bedtime (about 50%) of the time. At least you have a good solution coming in the near future. This is my life. :) At least I have new baby to look forward to and time off for that.
Post a Comment