We're talking Colossal here folks!!
Today we went Horseback Riding...
Whhhoooo-Eeeee!!
Let me just tell you what an event this was for the H-Man. It's no secret that our little man absolutely Loves animals... he's still telling tales about the Pigs and the Cows we saw at the fair. But lately he's been All about the Dinosaurs. So I was a wee bit surprised at how completely goofy he got about the idea of doing something like this.
Of course, the DRAMA before hand was a something to behold. Not exactly pretty and definitely Not for those with a weak stomach. And if I hadn't been going InSaNe from all of the Moaning and Groaning and WHINING and Crying (oh boy, was there ever a boat load of crying!) I would have thought to tape some of those theatrics for you. The Boy could have won a Major Award for that stellar performance. Ugh! Needless to say, I was too busy going out of my skull and couldn't manage to hold a thought in my head... so no video of that. Sorry. Oooohhhh, I bet you're so very disappointed.
Of course, the DRAMA before hand was a something to behold. Not exactly pretty and definitely Not for those with a weak stomach. And if I hadn't been going InSaNe from all of the Moaning and Groaning and WHINING and Crying (oh boy, was there ever a boat load of crying!) I would have thought to tape some of those theatrics for you. The Boy could have won a Major Award for that stellar performance. Ugh! Needless to say, I was too busy going out of my skull and couldn't manage to hold a thought in my head... so no video of that. Sorry. Oooohhhh, I bet you're so very disappointed.
What was the problem you ask?? In a word: Patience. Or in this particular case... The Lack There Of. What do you mean I have to WAIT???!!!! OMG... What!! I'm SO totally NOT going to get a turn! I just Know it!!
Bwwwhhhahahahahahahahahaha!!!!
Geesh. It was absolute gut wrenching agony. And at this point, I'm not sure if I'm still talking about his not wanting to "wait" or the utterly charming reaction to the "Freak Show" he was displaying.
.................
Yes. Hello!
Step Right Up!
Bearded Ladies on the right...
The Queer, Unhinged, Raving Like a Loon
Child Monstrosity to your left.
.................
Either way - He just Couldn't do it. This poor boy's got about Zero concept of "Waiting his Turn". And it's probably worth noting that we were seriously Past our naptime. It really was Pathetic. Pathetic to watch. Pathetic to listen to. And so Pathetic that I began to fear that a few of the other kids were going to want a ride on my little Whine Ass.
It didn't help matters that he Refused to STAY. IN. LINE. Sooooo... he kept losing his spot and getting bumped further and further to the Back of the line. Which only made the wait that much loooooooonger..... Aaaaand that much More enjoyable -- If that was even possible ;)
But in the end... it all worked out and he finally got to go. And only Second to Dead Last. Man-O-Man... let me just tell you... even though it was a teensy bit like having a tooth drilled without Novocaine... it was So Totally worth it. Priceless!! I thought after his "Off Broadway Production" that he might have worked himself up to be a bit scared, or nervous to climb on... but Nope. He was happy as a clam. As a pig in shit. Like a dog with a bone. Grinning ear to ear and positively beaming.
Geesh. It was absolute gut wrenching agony. And at this point, I'm not sure if I'm still talking about his not wanting to "wait" or the utterly charming reaction to the "Freak Show" he was displaying.
Yes. Hello!
Step Right Up!
Bearded Ladies on the right...
The Queer, Unhinged, Raving Like a Loon
Child Monstrosity to your left.
.................
Either way - He just Couldn't do it. This poor boy's got about Zero concept of "Waiting his Turn". And it's probably worth noting that we were seriously Past our naptime. It really was Pathetic. Pathetic to watch. Pathetic to listen to. And so Pathetic that I began to fear that a few of the other kids were going to want a ride on my little Whine Ass.
It didn't help matters that he Refused to STAY. IN. LINE. Sooooo... he kept losing his spot and getting bumped further and further to the Back of the line. Which only made the wait that much loooooooonger..... Aaaaand that much More enjoyable -- If that was even possible ;)
But in the end... it all worked out and he finally got to go. And only Second to Dead Last. Man-O-Man... let me just tell you... even though it was a teensy bit like having a tooth drilled without Novocaine... it was So Totally worth it. Priceless!! I thought after his "Off Broadway Production" that he might have worked himself up to be a bit scared, or nervous to climb on... but Nope. He was happy as a clam. As a pig in shit. Like a dog with a bone. Grinning ear to ear and positively beaming.
There is no charge for Pure Awesomeness.




1 comment:
How very sweet and how wonderful he enjoyed it so much..What a big boy he is becoming.. Glad you didn't get the melt down before hand on film, I would much rather see he huge smile on his face than the large broken hearted tears.
Post a Comment