Sunday, September 20, 2009

You'll Flip... Trust Me.


I've had several folks ask about my Flip Camcorder lately.
So, figured I'd share a few of my thoughts...
now that I've got a few months under my belt.

I love my Flip Ultra HD. And would definitely buy one again. In a new New York Minute. Without a doubt. We also have a conventional camcorder... but this is the one that I always have with me. It's super easy to use, not to mention light/small enough to just throw in your purse/pocket.

Originally, I had started out wanting the Flip Mino. They have the ultra cool option to custom design your case... which was HUGELY appealing to me! I did quite a bit of research and was totally set to pick up the Mino until the Ultra HD came out. The new Ultra HD comes with a rechargeable battery pak (which you can charge with a power cord OR while it's docked in your USB port). Another cool thing is if your battery happens to run low while you're out and about you can just throw in 2 AAs. Unlike the Mino, which has a battery like an iPod. The new Ultra HD also has Two hours of record time... opposed to the hour offered on the Mino. I absolutely love that extra hour, as I'm not always prompt about getting the video uploaded. Am also keen on the huge viewing screen. The software it comes with is easy as pie to use and navigate. Allows you to string multiple videos together, capture digital stills from the feed, email video and upload to networking sites effortlessly. There is also the lesser Ultra model available - but in my opinion - spend the extra 50 bucks and get the HD feature. The picture quality truly is superior.

Honestly, I haven't found anything about it (yet) that I don't like. Sometimes the picture can look a little jumpy if you move it too fast... but that's hardly an issue for me. I love that there are no tapes, discs or cards to mess around with and uploading your videos to your computer is actually a Breeze. About the only problem I've encountered is forgetting I'm using the damn thing. I have the tendency to get caught up in what I'm filming and since it's so little and light, I often forget I'm using it. So, Sometimes, the resulting video can end up looking like a 4 year old junkie on a sugar binge shot it. But again, that's hardly something to bitch about. And for those that shoot a lot with their cell phones - you probably won't have any problems with this, whatsoever. Basically... it's a must have gadget in my book.
I highly recommend it.

8G = 120 minutes of film
Supremely light weight and just a bit bigger than your average cell phone.
Picture quality is superb!
Far superior to what you end up with on YouTube.
EXtremely EASY to use...
and so much fun - it's criminal!

I'm tellin' ya.
Run. Don't walk.

And get one to call your very own.

Here's where I got mine:




Enjoy!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails