Thursday, October 15, 2009

Breaker One-Nine...

"This here's The Rubber Duck..."

Man - O - Man.
CB's were The Bomb.
Am I going out on a limb and irrevocably dating myself here??
Looooonnnnng, Loooooooonnnnnnng Ago... before texting...
before cell phones... before pagers even... there were CB Radios.
They were all kinds of Awesome and my folks had one in each car AND one in the living room. I must have been about 7 years old when I saw the movie "Convoy" and found myself in hog heaven. I remember loving Kris Kristofferson's gravelly voice and handsome face. And let's not forget the movie's bad ass nature and of course, the foul language. Yes, my love of profanity started very early indeed :) Who could say if the movie was actually any good, all I know for sure is that it made a huge impression and tied in nicely to the subculture my family was experiencing.

And while we're broaching CB lingo here folks...
What was your "Handle"??
I don't remember if my brother & I had them...
but my parents went by: 'Sassy Momma' & 'Tumbleweed'.
... (crackle, squawk) "Ye-ah, that's a big ten-four."
Sweet memories that plant a big, enormous goofy grin on my face.

Why do I even remember such things???
Because it was so damn cool. Aaaaand I was 7.
Here's hoping our boys will have just as many fabulous memories!

Admittedly, I probably won't be able to maintain my current momentum with all of these totally lame ass Witty titles referencing numbers.
Alright, alright. Keep it down.
Don't get all riled up.
After all, I'm here to amuse myself...
Obviously.

And with that I give you :



A little refresher for those that remember...
and for those who haven't a clue.
70's films and Vinyl... ahhh, what could be better.

One more with meaning, featuring clips from the movie...
I love You Tube!



Sure CB's are still out there... but they've gone the way of the Ham Radio. Seems that only die hards and truckers are still putting them to good use. And on that note...
"Over and out, Good Buddy."

4 comments:

Curry said...

Whenever I was/am able to get my hands on a CB my 'handle' is Cookie Monster...and I always send a call out for Big Bird! Occasionally I get an answer...lol.

Curry said...

When I think of CB's in movies I think of Smokie and the Bandit.

Mom said...

Here is a bit of info for you..Your handle was Sassy Kid, and your brother was Sassy Brat.. Remember Grams? "Granny Go Go" Just wanted you to know I haven't forgotten those sweet memories either, thanks for remembering :-)

Susie said...

That's a crack up!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails