Friday, October 30, 2009

Exhalation...

I can hardly believe it...
Day Twenty Four.



Ahhhhhhh. Today had the wonderful feeling of letting go of air you've held in your lungs for far too long. Ahhhhh. It was a good sensation and it was absolutely calming.

After starting PT on my foot this week, witnessing a Super Nova yesterday with my Henster and finally getting a diagnosis and medication for our Thrush condition today... everything at once seemed to take a breather. It was nice. Peaceful... Lovely.

Progress has been very promising thus far with physical therapy. They are taping my foot for additional support and the difference is nothing short of miraculous! Wow... I am actually able to walk on the ball of my foot, something I haven't done in 7 months. It's not without pain, but I feel confident we're heading in the right direction. What a colossal relief.

Hen quickly returned to my dear sweet boy once we got home, where the energy is more even and restful. He is after all, only three and still trying to get some sort of handle on his emotions. Scrambling to learn the skills with which to get them in check and reigned in, not to mention figured out. Something I think we can ALL relate to now and again.

And finally, I got the diagnosis I've been dreading. Flynner and I have Thrush. And let me just quickly add that it is Holy Flaming Nipples off the charts painful!! Yipes! Flynn's case is fairly mild, thankfully. So the meds we got today should start to get his cleared up and also keep us from passing it back and forth. Mine, on the other hand, is pretty nasty. If it doesn't respond within the next few days, I'll be going back. Yeesh. Oh pretty please, let it get a bit better soon.

I'm really looking forward to the weekend. Even if I'm not so thrilled about Halloween... but don't worry. I'll suck it up for The P's sake and be a good sport :)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails