Whew.
Today was pretty gruelling... but in a totally good way.
One of those days that only a parent could appreciate...
or in all honesty, would even want to.
The joys of H-Man getting pittle on his shirt by way of having a potty accident. Then, because that's not anywhere close to enough drama, going completely apeshit when I suggested he change it. No fuss was made over the removal of his pants, or his beloved airplane socks. But when we got to the shirt - Whoa. Saying that he Absolutely Refused to take it off would be considered a cataclysmic understatement. Every attempt resulted in him screaming like a banshee and streaking through the house naked from the waist down. The 'Monster' shirt was not about to come off willingly, and not even the bribe of a 'Dinosaur' shirt was going to change that. Normally, I would have just let it go... but since this wasn't your average amount of dribble, I simply couldn't. I mean, come on... it's Gross. Like gag, sputter and choke - Gross. However, the idea didn't prove to be as repulsive to a 3 year old. So after a 5 minute discussion on just how icky and down right repugnant it would be to wear something that was soaked with urine and smelt like a portable toilet - things ended just about how you'd expect.
I basically had to sit on him to peel the damn thing off.
- interject -
"Find a happy place. Find a happy place."
"Find a happy place. Find a happy place."
Which was followed by about 17 hours of moaning and groaning and sobbing and wailing. Interwoven with stories of : "Henry is Sad"... "don't be Bad, Mom"... and of course the real clincher -- "Henry want to talk to Dad."
Hmph.
On a happier note: Flynn puked all day long and I didn't get a shower.
But the Doctor assures me that he doesn't need medication for his reflux. Yet.
What terrifically disgusting news.
So basically... the short of it is:
not every 365 entry is going to get it's own page. I'm giving myself permission right now to allow for some multiple day pages... it's all good and will work out in the end. Besides, I'm pretty sure that my sanity will thank me. And the limiting 24 hours in each day will demand it.
not every 365 entry is going to get it's own page. I'm giving myself permission right now to allow for some multiple day pages... it's all good and will work out in the end. Besides, I'm pretty sure that my sanity will thank me. And the limiting 24 hours in each day will demand it.





1 comment:
Sorry you had such a crummy day. We all have days like this and sometimes we do just have to peel the shirt off and deal with the aftermath. You're a good mom, still... Go treat yourself to something nice this weekend.
Post a Comment