Thursday, July 31, 2008

A Pasty Shade of White...


Hosted by Cecily and MamaGeek

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fact: I wear white tights in order to appear tan.
I don't tan. I can't tan. I'm too damn White to tan.

Yes... It's true. I'm so white I practically glow in the dark. I tend to reflect the sun's rays and when enough of them finally break through this resistance and the 50 block sunscreen I severely Burn, Blister and Peel. And Peel and Peel and Peel -- for weeks and weeks. It's gross. So I've learned to just avoid too much, if any exposure.

With that said - I'm so relieved that my little guy didn't Totally get stuck with the same Pasty shade of White that I am. He may be fair... but when we're side by side he's definitely not sporting that same Transparent Glow that I do. This photo sort of makes us look the same, but if you look closely you can see he's a bit darker than I am. Hallelujah!!

The P tans up beautifully so there's hope for our little H Man. Not that I want him Baking in the sun, mind you. But I don't want to see him restricted to wide brim hats, umbrellas and always having to play in the shade for the rest of his life either. He loves the outdoors so much and I can only hope he'll get to enjoy it care free!

With just a smidge instead of a gallon of sunblock :)

13 comments:

Cecily R said...

Oh, that last shot is perfection!! It just looks blissfully happy and real.

I swear to you, becoming a mom made my legs instantly pasty. I don't know what it is, but it seems like the second I threw on my mom duds for the first time, my legs lost all hope of pigment. Sigh.

GREAT PSF. He is just so adorable!

scrappysue said...

you captured his rapture - that's so great!

Ryanne said...

wow! I feel for ya. That just wouldn't be any fun. I love that last picture he looks so happy.

Gemma Mira Wiseman aka Pamela Adams said...

Your little guy looks so happy in that last pic! Love the touch of mischief in his face!

Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

That first picture is very sweet holding hands. The second is fun and brings a nice smile to your face! We have some serious tanners round here, they get it from me and not their dad,he's the paler one!

Anonymous said...

I love that grin in the last one! I too tend to be on the pale side. Doctors are always shocked when my kids aren't anemic like they appear.

Susie said...

Wow he is one cute kiddo! You can totally see the difference in skin color too. Wow!
This last picture is awesome-he has pure joy written on his face!

Robyn said...

The last shot is great I'm pretty pasty myself, my daughter definitely got daddy's skin tone.

Alex @ I'm the Mom said...

My legs are exactly the same. They do not tan. I used to actually lay in a tanning bed three times a week, and still NOTHING!

Your son is adorable. I love his smile!

Anonymous said...

we're the opposite. i am not white and i easily get dark!

I also have posted my PSF. You can read it HERE.

Happy Friday!

Dianne - Bunny Trails said...

It's fun to see you here! At least you won't have to worry about skin cancer! :D

Tokenhippygirl said...

These shots made me smile just looking at them!

Unknown said...

He looks totally joyous that he's not transparent white!

Related Posts with Thumbnails