This past weekend we headed over to explore Point Park. Which as it turns out, lots of folks refer to it as "The Golden Triangle". ??? I've no idea why... perhaps because the three rivers converge there? Who knows.
It was an adventure. For starters, The P is learning the hard way that Mister H absolutely, positively Does Not like the Starbucks Drive Thru. Why not? Who can say. Maybe because :
A) it takes an eternity.
B) the car stops going.
C) it deviates us off course.
D) Because! Damn It. He just doesn't. [my personal fave]
Point Park is in the center of downtown... One of my most favorite places. No, Really. Seriously, I absolutely Love being in the thick of it. The heart of the city. I love all the architecture, all the buildings reaching onwards and upwards, all the city sounds and shockingly the people. Believe it or not, on the weekends Pittsburgh is like an anti-city. Almost completely devoid of people. There's hardly ever a crowd anywhere, so you get to see lots of stuff and your feet never get stepped on... Pure Bliss I'm tellin' ya.
The only bummer at all was, well actually there were two. One trying to keep Mister H from diving into the river was a challenge. And I'm not ashamed to say a rather scary one. He doesn't have any fear whatsoever of the water. Which in this case wasn't a good thing. And Two they had all the "Park" area fenced off. So there was no grassy area to explore, or to enjoy our picnic, or to frolic about upon, no access to trees [H's Favorite], also meaning there was very little shade to be had. So What's a Park without the Park part?? I ask You...



I also got some really great city shots that are posted over on the Zoliofrope Blog.
Wednesday, July 9, 2008
Point Park.... The Golden Triangle
Labels:
Daily Life,
H Photos,
Lists,
Pennsylvania Photos,
Trips
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment