
Whew!
Finally caught up, and back on track.
Finally caught up, and back on track.
Forty days and counting... Sweet!
Little H really likes to help out with the chores. Seriously, it's a big deal - Really. If I'm wiping down the cabinets and counters he asks for the rag - "Henry's turn, Mom." If I'm vacuuming, he brings out his little corn/ball popper and pushes it along side me. Dusting requires a towel of his own, not one he has to share with me. When he first started wanting to pitch in, I had my doubts. Arguments of 'Hindrance Vs. Help' played repeatedly in my mind. For starters, I simply placated him by bringing out a few of his little kid tools/toys for him to use. Sure, while these items may mimic the real thing, that's where the similarities end. In reality they're completely ineffective, or in a word: useless. Often creating more frustration than satisfaction for my sweet lil' assistant. And as you may well know, a disgruntled employee can cause serious delays to your work schedule. So, in wanting to avoid the whole "Going Postal" scenario, I began to pay a little more attention to his efforts. I realized rather quickly that with just a little bit of direction he was actually doing a pretty good job. I figured, why have him waste the energy? Let's face it, how often in life do you have someone Begging to Clean?? My point Exactly. Besides, help is help... and I'll gladly take it. Good help is hard to find. Handsome Help... impossible. In the end, I picked up a set of Swiffers for my handsome helper. Now, when chore days roll around, The Henster is elated and races into the laundry room to gather up his very own cleaning arsenal... a Swiffer Sweeper and Dust Wand. It's Awesome! He stays busy, has a terrific time and does a bang up job :)
I love it!
He loves it!
Who knew cleaning could be so much fun!




No comments:
Post a Comment