A few of the treasures from our latest crafting ventures:
Thankful Turkeys: Mom, Hen & Flynn are so very thankful for Daddy.
Thankful Gifts for H's Preschool Teachers.
Thankful Gifts for H's Preschool Teachers.
While Flynner was napping today, H-Man and I worked on a few "Thankful" crafts. I chatted with him about the whole Thanksgiving Day philosophy and am pretty sure he came away from the conversation completely enlightened. Note his response: "These scissors are hard, Mom."So, while the idea of why we are thankful may be escaping him this year, he did have a really terrific time getting his Craft on. The hand print turkeys were a big hit... except for the scissor part, then not so much. He's still having some difficulties working out the logistics of how they work. But the real problem stems from the cutting things apart bit. Once you have something cut out he often decides later that he wants them put back together. When that wish cannot be granted, well, it can get a little ugly. He gets over it fairly quickly... but since we're doing a lot of cutting, it's a subject that tends to rear its head several times.
A few of the biggies I wanted to focus on today were scissor skills and coloring. H isn't usually very interested in coloring. He likes to scribble and draw some shapes and squiggly lines (which he says are snakes). But as far as coloring in pictures... forgettaboutit. I usually color on the page with him and try to get him going. Never experiencing a lot of luck. Instead he likes to focus on all the negative space around the picture, but today he took more of an interest and did a lot of scribbling ON the picture. I'm considering it a breakthrough... although I'm a freakazoid anal retent colorist - so I may be too critical on this subject ;) He also managed to cut several small shapes in half... followed by some rather pathetic whimpering sobs when he couldn't "cut & chop them back together again". Hopefully he's up to snuff, I've really no idea of where a 3 year old's skill set should fall. I'm a rather lameass parent in that regard... among others I'm sure.
And on that note I'll end with Day 48 in Project 365... obviously I've somehow mysteriously fallen a day behind - Ahgain.
What's a girl to do, I ask you?

Such a beautiful day!
Oh!! And speaking of beautiful days...
Our Darling Little Flynn is 8 Months Old Today!!




1 comment:
OMG Loni - Again the parallels between our sons are CRAZY! Zach is not so big on the coloring, either, and just yesterday we were working on it and had a "breakthrough". I bought one of those coloring books and magic markers that only allow the color to show up on the picture - not on the negative space, table, wall, etc. He actually colored a whole object in a picture - totally blue! No white left! I was probably overly happy.
PS -- I'm really enjoying the 365 project -- wish you were here to show me how to do something like that!
Post a Comment