Desserts often require a delicate balance at our house. I love to bake'em... but we're notoriously slow at eating them. Which is, I suppose, a good thing. So often I end up halving most recipes to ensure a smaller bounty. It works out quite nicely all the way around. Less goes to waste... and yes, can't you just Hear it coming... less goes to The waist.I know most folks are all about the Pumpkin Pie for Thanksgiving... but I thought it would be nice to mix things up a bit. I settled on this delightfully easy recipe.
Two Ingredient Pumpkin Cake
Ingredients:
1 box Cake Mix (18 oz)
1 can 100% Pumpkin Puree (15 oz)
I also added:
1/2 cup Chopped Walnuts
1/2 teaspoon Pumpkin Pie Spice
1/4 teaspoon Allspice
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix all ingredients together. Note that the batter will be very thick. Spread into a greased 7 X 10 pan and bake for 30 - 35 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean. Cool completely before icing.
Vanilla Pumpkin Glaze
1 cup Powdered Sugar
2 tablespoons Milk
1/2 teaspoon Pumpkin Pie Spice
1 teaspoon Vanilla
Blend all ingredients together until smooth. Drizzle over cake and let set before covering.
You can use any flavor of cake mix you have on hand - I used Spice. And although it's suppose to be a cake... it was... in a word - Better. Crazy moist and amazing. The texture was not quite cake, not quite brownie... somewhere in between. Sort of like a quick bread. Sort of. Either way, it was pretty damn Fab and filled the house with an intoxicating scent. Another added bonus was its nice small size... we'll easlily consume this within a week. This is one I'll definitely be making again. For the next round I think I'll add a few chocolate chips or dried cranberries and make cookies out of it. All of my boys loved it! Give it a go... your tummy will thank you.




No comments:
Post a Comment