
Hosted by Cecily and MamaGeek
Yet again, I couldn't wait...
The P was suppose to leave for Spain yesterday. So we got him all packed up and loaded. Hugs and Kisses all around, then sent him on his way.You simply cannot imagine the happiness I felt when P called three hours later. His flight had been cancelled and he was headed home!! I couldn't stop the tears from swelling.
We spent these additional few hours playing at the little park near our house. A very happy and content little family of three ;) I realize they were just a few hours, but they felt so extra special since it was time we weren't suppose to have together. Stolen moments are extraordinary!
While walking home my sweet boys picked this gorgeous flower for me... it's a true attribute of our night together.
Amazing, unexpected, beautiful, inspiring and a true gift!



So this morning we once again got Papa all packed up and loaded. Hugs and Kisses all around, then sent him on his way.
It was bitter sweet, but knowing his trip was shortened by one whole entire day sure brightened mine!
Here's to safe travels and speedy returns! XXXOOO




19 comments:
I just love the photos and the story. I don't know what kind of flowers they are (I'm fairly useless in that realm), but they certainly are beautiful! Very nice composition and angles. And the story is so sweet and precious. I agree that those least expected moments in life are such a gift. :D
Wonderful photos and lovely story!
Now THAT is a sweet PSF!!
The flowers are gorgeous and I'm willing to bet that those stolen moments are going to be some of your favorite memories in the future.
I have no idea what they are. But I'm not normally the person who knows that sort of thing, so don't be surprised by that.
But they are pretty.
love your photostory. :) great photos. Love all the angles you used. stunning shots. :)
I do not know the name of the flower but we have them here as well. for some reason "queen anne's lace" keeps coming to mind.
happy PSF!
Its a really lovely, delicate flower, isn't it?
Queen Anne's lace! It's one of my absolute favorites. I almost started digging it up where it grows wild in an old parking lot by my house.
Sometimes an extra couple of hours is such a blessing - glad you got it!!
Very pretty pictures and story.
Flowers picked by the kids are THE best. Gorgeous white. Stunning in it's little vase. :)
Stop by for our latest adventure: http://anapronaday.blogspot.com/2008/07/moody-gardens-in-galveston-texas.html
What a sweet tribute to an extra special moment with P! The flower is gorgeous as are the pictures you took of it. I don't know what it is though.
Great story!
How very nice that you got some stolen time! The flower is beautiful!
I was thinking baby's breath, but I see some has said queen anne's lacy. Both are pretty delicate flowers. Lovely shots of them all.
Glad you guys had and extra day together. :)
how precious the time we have with our loved one is. Not sure on the flwers but your pictures are very beautiful>
Very pretty!
WHen I saw that last photo. . . uh somewhere, I thought it was Queen Anne's Lace but I'm not positive. Beautiful no matter!
good memory Lisa! I used that last shot on my Zoliofrope Blog as well ;) ... for the Project Black effort.
Thanks to everyone for visiting! Photostory Friday Rocks.
Beautiful! I want to know what they are so I can grow some...
Everybody before me is correct - it's Queen Anne's Lace, also known as Wild Carrot. Click here for the wiki on it.
Lovely post - beautiful photos. Love the angles & macros. Well done.
This whole post is inspiring! All the happiness in the world to you and your little family!
Post a Comment