Monday, January 18, 2010

Over Ruled

I'm happy to report that my baking agenda got hijacked today. I had planned on making Snickerdoodles... but The P quietly protested and pleaded for me to make a recipe I've been toying with for a few weeks now. A cookie involving his favorite candy bar: Butterfingers. And wouldn'tcha know it... I so completely caved :)

The Verdict: Pure Awesomeness. The Butterfingers provide a very subtle backdrop for these along with a nice amount of chewiness. Will definitely make these again, and probably soon, with the only the following changes: More Butterfinger, Please! Bringing the count up to 3 bars instead of just two.

Decadently Dark PBFs

1/2 C butter
1/2 C shortening (I used butter flavored)
1 C sugar
3/4 C brown sugar
2 eggs
1 t vanilla
2 C flour
1 C cocoa powder (I used Hershey’s Dark Chocolate)
2 t baking soda
1/4 t salt
2 full size Butterfinger Bars, crushed
1/2 C Reese's Peanut Butter chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a cookie sheet with parchment.
In a large bowl, wisk together the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt. Set aside.

Cream together butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Slowly add eggs and vanilla until well combined. Slowly add flour mixture to wet ingredients then stir in crushed Butterfinger and PB chips. Drop by rounded spoonfuls and bake for 9-11 minutes. You want them to still be soft in center. Allow cookies to cool slightly on the baking sheets before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely. I got just shy of 4 dozen cookies.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails