So last week I planted a few new pots for the front porch... and while I was at it added a couple of new feeders for the front lawn as well. Hmmm... within a few days I started to notice some rather strange unmentionables on the front stoop. Seems the new pots were now providing some shelter for some little creature that hadn't ever left his 'calling card' before now. Uhh, yeah - Not exactly the sort of items you'd like a visitor to see on their way into your house, if you get my meaning. I couldn't figure it out... too big for a mouse... too small for a squirrel.
As a result I've had to start sweeping the front porch every morning to provide a clear path for anyone who might want to drop by for a visit. Ensuring they won't track in anything unwanted along their way. I must admit, I felt a little creeped out by the whole thing & was getting rather annoyed about the new chore that had been added to my already long list of daily tasks. Of course, that all changed once I discovered the culprit... OMG - what a cutie! Who could stay mad at such an adorable little fella :) Just look at that face!
I hope he'll enjoy the new goodies I selected today for the front feeder and that he'll stay warm nestled in behind the plants at night. It'll be great if he won't make himself so scarce - H Man will just love to 'meet' him!

Sunday, June 22, 2008
Guess Who's Coming for Dinner?
Labels:
Chores,
Daily Life,
Local Wildlife
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment