I hate to vacuum.
Next to scrubbing the toilets, it's one of the most mundane of household chores to tackle. Utterly Boring.
I find repetitive jobs to be the most monotonous, and well, that very neatly wraps up my feelings on the weekly hoovering responsibilities. I've got three different floor surfaces to cover - tile, carpet and wood. Which correlates into massive amounts of square footage, especially since I like to do the mopping right after. Making vacuuming and mopping a nasty humdinger of a task to get completed all while H Man is napping. Most weeks I 'suck it up' (bad, very bad) and do my best to plow through it.
So while I'm enjoying my most favorite of duties today, you can just imagine how delighted I was to realize I was pushing more dirt around than I was picking up... upon closer inspection it seems the beater bar wasn't moving t'all - Grrrr.
After clomping downstairs to retrieve the 2nd sweeper (and carrying the heavy bugger back up with me) I was less than thrilled when the damn thing started to produce a really bad smell and over heated after only about 10 minutes. Wanting to avoid some kind of explosion - by either the machine or myself (the latter being much more likely) I shut the blasted thing off. I managed to expel a few savory expletives and waited 15 minutes until it was cool to the touch only to find I couldn't get the *Mutha* going again.
Oh Happy, happy, Joy, Joy...
Tuesday, June 17, 2008
A Vain Attempt to Hoover
Labels:
Chores,
Daily Life
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
the exact same thing happened with our vacuum about three weeks ago--the hot smell, the dirt that just flew instead of got sucked up, the roller that woudln't roll.
unfortunately, doug fixed it.
it works.
let me know if you want me to send him over.
I would vacuum for a month straight if it meant I could get out of folding the laundry. Matching socks is the worst for me!
Yeah, unfortunately The P fixed both of the Vacs today... bummer.
and Matching socks... Ugh - that ranks right up there with emptying the silverware tray from the dishwasher.
Post a Comment