My tiny H Man got bit by one of these bad boys this morning. Right on the tip of his little index finger. Poor little fella really didn't understand what had just happened. Only that it hurt like a "Mutha". There was a good deal of crying, but actually a lot less than I would have expected. Certainly a whole lot less than I would have provided. It seemed to have hurt his feelings as much as his pain receptors. I did my best to perform Doctor Duty... but he quickly initiated a 'No Touchie - No Lookie' policy about said injury.
He let me know immediately that an ice pack was Completely out of the question! What. Was. I. Thinking?! In the end, his arm got splotchy red up to his elbow, his little finger had doubled in size - he couldn't move or bend it and he desperately wanted me to just leave it alone. Which also correlated into "No Kissing It, No Blowing on It, & Never - Ever any Pictures of It". So I'll just 'beee' keeping an eye on it - a far away eye, he was pretty clear that there'd be no blog paparazzi allowed.
I've never been stung myself, but am pretty confident that I wouldn't have remained as composed as lil' H did. What a brave little trooper. Poor sweet darling boy :(
Tuesday, June 10, 2008
Hootchie Kamootchie Mama!! Once Bitten...
Labels:
Daily Life
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
My poor little sweet boy.. So how is he doing now? Hopefully it's doing better. Let us know..
Post a Comment