
What a nice guy! So since The P's awesome Japan trip totally crushed my cool Pile of Craft trip, he decided we should still try to go some place over the weekend - before he left. Something a bit closer, something easily done in a day trip. Lake Eerie here we come...
You know those days when you can smell the sshhheeeeit before it hits the proverbial fan? Yeah, this was one of those days. Never a good sign: Starbucks gave me some sort of Mocha concoction instead of the Hot Cocoa I ordered (I don't drink coffee)... and of course we were already about 15 minutes down the road before I took a drink and felt the smoke rising from my ears. GRRRR. This is the 3rd time in a row they've done this & *Mutha!*... well, that's for another post.
It wasn't until about 25 minutes down the road that I realized I had forgotten our beach bag. Ya know, the one that contains the sun screen (who am I kidding!), H's swim diapers, H's swim trunks, H's aqua socks, towels, all the general water gear crap. Terrific.
About 43 miles down the road it started to rain. Lovely.
And continued to rain - All. The. Way. Up. There.
Go Figure.
We finally get up to Lake Eerie and trek out to water. Ahhh. Wow, I've never been to one of the Great Lakes - oddly enough, it's easy to see why they're considered Great. Like a mini ocean, without the roar of the waves and salty scents of course. Water all the way out to the horizon line - truly awesome. It was all pretty cool, except when we had to strip the H down to his pathetic little diaper. I couldn't bear the idea of getting the clothes on his back - the only clothes we had with us - soaking wet.
Poor kid. Loser Mom.
We had a really lovely time... for about a whole 35 minutes. Enter gail force winds and pelting rains. Oh Hooray! We simply couldn't bear it any longer & H Man was shivering by this time - although quite unwilling to vacate the premises!
The rest of story is pretty miserable... sand, screaming, rain, sobbing and more and more rain.
I'll bet that was just the send off to Japan The P was looking for!
So Totally Not!
![]() |
|
**NOTE: Uh... yeah. So turns out we actually went to Lake Erie... Not Eerie... although the trip was pretty eerie and dreary over all! Obviously I need to proof read my entries... you'd probably never guess that there aren't any spelling bee trophies tucked away at my house.**





No comments:
Post a Comment